6.08.2008

Learning about Acrylics

Yesterday I attended a lecture about Golden brand acrylic paints given by Nancy Reyner at the Artisan Art Supply Store in Albuquerque. I am an oil painter, but I was curious as what I might be able to do with acrylics that I can not do with oils. It was fascinating, and the mediums and gels, and molding pastes definitely caught my attention. I also loved the iridescent acrylics! How fun are those?! I think I will have to experiment with some of the products a bit and see how they feel to work with. Perhaps a hands-on class in my future?

If you are thinking of trying acrylics I can not think of a few hours better spent than listening to this lecture. Nancy was fun - very informative, and the time just flew. Thanks to all who set the lecture up!

No comments: