6.09.2008

burrowing owls

I am working on a painting of three burrowing owls. They live in the town of Rio Rancho, and I am fascinated by them. I thought of submitting this painting to a contest given by the Rio Rancho Art Association that involves images of the city, but I am sure the judges are thinking in terms of landscapes, not funny little ground owls!! Maybe I should submit it just cause it would stand out from the rest. :) Guess the first course of action is to finish the painting and see if it is good enough!

1 comment:

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

I have found that trying to submit things that I think are within the boundaries of what is being sought is NOT the thing to do! At least, for me it hasn't worked! Not that I have a long trail of submissions, mind you! LOL...
Hard call to make, I must admit.
Good luck!!